Overview of your Maras Moray Biking 1-day Tour
Challenge yourself with a one day biking adventure to two parts of the Inca Empire: Maras and Moray agricultural centers. Get surrounded for the Andean nature and people and speed up to feel the wind of the Sacred Valley! In this one day tour you will experience the best of biking and the best of the Inca culture. Stop for a while to get inspired by a big mountain, the circled terraces, the salt wells or the smile of an Andean girl.
Itinerary at a glance!
Moray Maras Tour on Bike – One day – Itinerary
- 08:30 a.m Pick up from your hotel to board the bus.
- 09:00 Arrival to Cruzpata, starting point of the
- Guided tour of the archaeological site of Moray.
- Guided tour of the salt mines of Maras.
- Ride to Urubamba city.
- Return to Cusco by bus.
Maras Moray Biking 1-day Tour in detail
Moray Maras Tour on Bike – One day
At 8:30 a.m. we will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco to get to Cruzpata, starting point of the biking tour. Once we get there, our team will set up the biking equipment for you. After the first kilometers, you will feel the wind in your face and all the energy of the Sacred Valley.
Our first destination is Moray. You will find the amazing circular terraces where Inca engineers could emulate different temperatures and be able to harvest various kinds of plants. Later we will ride to the salt mine of Maras. You will see hundreds of small salt wells. People from Maras extract salt with the same drying methods that Inca People used hundreds of years ago.
After those two visits we will go to Urubamba and we will go back to Cusco in a bus.
What your dream trip includes
The Moray Maras Tour on Bike Includes:
- Pick up from your hotel
- Transfers: Cusco – Cruzpata, Urubamba – Cusco
- Box lunch
- Mineral water bottle
- Professional Bilingual English Spanish Guide
- SCOTT bycicle and equipment
The Moray Maras Tour on Bike Does Not Include:
- Tickets for Moray center.
- Tickets for Maras salt mines
You can get this tour from $XXX USD, This price may vary due to season, number of travelers or other conditions.
Discounts and Offers
- ISIC Card: Students with a valid ISIC card can apply to a discount of XX%.
- Junior: People under 18 years old can get this tour for $XXUSD.
You can enhance your experience with these aditional services:
- Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu Mountain: an extra hike to the sacred mountains next to the citadel.
- Vistadome Train: enjoy the landscape in a panoramic train during your trip to Machu Picchu.
- Porters: hire an extra porter to get him carry your belongings and enjoy the rek at your best! You will support a Peruvian family too!
What to bring for your Maras Moray Biking 1-day Tour
What you need to take for this tour:
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Small backpack
- Extra money
All payment methods include extra charges not added in the quotation. Please check the payment details.
Map of the tour
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for all of our services:
Trains: you can ask for a high class train, the Hiram Bingham luxury service.
Accomodation: If you feel like staying in a hotel during your stay in Cusco even for a couple of hours, we have plenty of options for you. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.
Testimonials for inspiration
What is the best season to visit Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu weather is two seasons. You can enjoy fresh and vivid days in rainy seasons from November to March, or shiny and blue-sky days during the dry season, from April to October.
When is Machu Picchu closed?
Good news! Machu Picchu is NEVER closed. You can visit this wonder every day of the year.
Should I book my permit in advance?
We strongly encourage you to book your Machu Picchu permit in advance as they can be sold out easily.