Overview of your Hiram Bingam Luxury Train Tour
Traveling along the Sacred Valley of the Incas and its magnificent natural beauty, admiring the wide landscapes and beautiful woods, while enjoying a delicious meal in good company and maybe even drinking a selected wine; relaxing and absorbing the mighty energy of Andean geography, everything in great style and glamour, all the way to Machu Picchu’s closest train station: this is the top luxury train in Peru, the Hiram Bingham.
This exclusive travel experience is really one of a kind! Let’s check these testimonials.
Itinerary at a glance!
Hiram Bingham Luxury Train Tour to Machu Picchu
1 Day Itinerary (schedule may vary)
- 08:00: Transfer from your hotel to the Poroy train station on a private van
- 09:05: Beginning of the Hiram Bingham train journey to Machu Picchu
- 12:30: Arrival at the Aguas Calientes village, nearby Machu Picchu
- 13:00: Beginning of the Professionally Guided Tour to Machu Picchu
- 15:50: Afternoon tea at the Sanctuary Lodge luxury hotel
- 17:50: Hiram Bingham train journey back to Cusco city. Gourmet dinner on board
- 21:15: Arrival at the Poroy station. Return to your hotel in Cusco city on a private van
We also have a 2-day itinerary with night spent at an Aguas Calientes hotel. Ask our expert staff for all information about this package.
Schedule may vary. Trains are controlled by PeruRail company. This train is available everyday except on the last Sunday of the month.
Hiram Bingham Luxury Train Tour in detail
Take the wonderful road back and forth to the amazing Machu Picchu citadel on the Hiram Bingham luxury train. Enjoy a 5-star ride on a train with panoramic windows, bar, gourmet restaurant, lounge, live typical music and professional staff. All the comfort and refinement you want on a vacation.
At 08:00 a private van will pick you at the hotel to a ride to the Poroy Train Station. While waiting for the train, a typical dances show will be performed. Already on the train, the majestic landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas will be the stars on your window; travel along beautiful woods, mighty mountains and whispering rivers.
The Hiram Bingham luxury train has an elegant bar for you to enjoy the fine selection of wines and drinks. You can also take pictures of the scenery or just marvel at the view at the observatory wagon. Witness the wonderful natural beauty of this region, going from the Andean geography to the western border of the Peruvian Amazon; a luxury, priceless approach to Machu Picchu, one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World.
The entertainment begins with a musical show of Peruvian typical genres, from the coast and from the Andes, with dancing choreographies. Among all this joy we will arrive at Aguas Calientes. After a short rest we will go on a private bus from the Aguas Calientes village to the entrance of the Machu Picchu citadel and then have the amazing, professionally guided tour!
You will visit the agricultural area and the sacred temples; see up close the amazing Inca imperial architecture and learn everything about the place which was the most important royal retreat of the Incas. Take great pictures to see and share with your friends and family!
After the professionally guided tour, return to the Sanctuary Lodge hotel for an elegant afternoon tea before boarding the bus back to Aguas Calientes, and then the Hiram Bingham train back to the Poroy Train Station. Finally, you will be taken to the hotel in Cusco city on a private van.
What your dream trip includes
The Hiram Bingham Luxury Tour Includes:
- Free transfers in Cusco city: Airport – Hotel – Airport
- Professional guide in English or Spanish
- Transfers on private van: Cusco – Poroy and Poroy – Cusco
- Hiram Bingham Luxury Train ride: Poroy – Aguas Calientes and Aguas Calientes – Poroy
- Exclusive bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu and back
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu
- Meals: brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, gourmet dinner
The Hiram Bingham Luxury Tour Does Not Include:
- National or international flights
- Tips or extra expenses
The price may vary due to season, number of travelers or other conditions.
Discounts and Offers
- ISIC Card: Students with a valid ISIC card can apply to a discount of XX%.
- Junior: People under 18 years old can get this tour for $XXUSD.
You can enhance your experience with these aditional services:
- Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu Mountain: an extra hike to the sacred mountains next to the citadel.
- Porters: hire an extra porter to get him carry your belongings and enjoy the rek at your best! You will support a Peruvian family too!
What to bring for your Hiram Bingham Luxury Tour
What you need to take for this tour:
- Original passport, International Student Card (ISIC) if eligible student
- Sneakers, waterproof jacket, rain poncho (From December to March), t-shirts, pants
- Cap or hat, sunblock, mineral water and personal medicines
- Cameras, extra money
- We recommend you have travel insurance
Map of the tour
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for all of our services:
Trains: you can ask for a high class train, the Hiram Bingham luxury service.
Accomodation: If you feel like staying in a hotel during your stay in Cusco even for a couple of hours, we have plenty of options for you. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.
Testimonials for inspiration
What is the best season to visit Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu weather is two seasons. You can enjoy fresh and vivid days in rainy seasons from November to March, or shiny and blue-sky days during the dry season, from April to October.
When is Machu Picchu closed?
Good news! Machu Picchu is NEVER closed. You can visit this wonder every day of the year.
Should I book my permit in advance?
We strongly encourage you to book your Machu Picchu permit in advance as they can be sold out easily.