Overview of your Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu Tour
The Huayna Picchu (Quechua for Young Mountain) stands besides the Machu Picchu citadel, and is a mountain that many visitors want to climb because once at the top, the view is amazing! We are sure you will treasure this experience for the rest of your life! This tour is ideal for everybody who does not have much time and yet wants to do the Machu Picchu tour and enjoy the adventure of climbing the Huayna Picchu, all in just one wonderful day. Have a condor view of the magnificent citadel!
Itinerary at a glance!
Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu Mountain Tour – 1 day
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco city
- Bus ride from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- Train ride from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Reception at the Aguas Calientes train station
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Hike up and down to the Huayna Picchu mountain
- Professionally guided tour of one of the Seven Wonders of the World – Machu Picchu
- Free time afterwards to continue exploring the citadel at your own will
- Free time in Aguas Calientes for lunch, going around the village, etc
- Train Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus Ollantaytambo – Cusco city
Note: The night before the tour you will have a briefing with our professional guide at your hotel, at an agreed time.
Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu Tour in detail
Visit the extraordinary Machu Picchu Inca site and the amazing Huayna Picchu mountain on a single day tour! Enjoy the birdview of the citadel from the top of the Huayna Picchu and take the most wonderful pictures! On your way to the summit you will see striking landscapes and archaeological remains. Do not wait any longer to make your dreams come true! Book your Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu Mountain 1-Day adventure package!
First we pick you up from the hotel in Cusco for the ride to the Ollantaytambo train station. You will witness the amazing natural beauty from the Andean mountains to the Amazon jungle border; next we will board the train to Aguas Calientes, the closest village to the Machu Picchu site.
Keep in mind that for this tour you can choose either an Expedition or a Vistadome train.
We will board the train to Aguas Calientes still early in the morning and arrive there to begin our adventure. First challenge will be the Huayna Picchu sacred mountain; we will take the second shift at 10 o’clock am. As we climb, you will have the first sights of Inca imperial architecture. After just a little over an hour, the prize for your effort will be the amazing panoramic view of the wide valley and Machu Picchu citadel. Priceless! Take the chance for pictures that will stay in your life and memory forever!
After hiking down the Huayna Picchu mountain road, you will have time for lunch and to see a little of the Aguas Calientes village. Then we take the bus to the Machu Picchu citadel to start the amazing private guided tour, that is, only for you and your group. We will visit the main attractions of the Inca Citadel such as the Main Square, the Round Tower, the Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, the Royal Cemeteries and much more. The tour takes about two and a half hours. After finishing, you will have time to continue enjoying the site at your own pace. Do not forget to have some of these unforgettable experiences in Machu Picchu!
You will then have some time to be in Aguas Calientes before boarding the train back. It will take you to Ollantaytambo, and our shuttle will finally bring you back to your hotel in Cusco city.
- Machu Picchu tour schedule is flexible. It can be done before or after lunch, considering departure time of the return train.
- In case there is no availability of entrance tickets to climb the Huayna Picchu mountain, you can opt for an entrance ticket to the Machu Picchu mountain. This trek is a very good alternative since the panoramic view
- of the Inca citadel is opposite to the Huayna Picchu view and just as wonderful! Visiting hours to the Machu Picchu Mountain are between 7:00 and 10:00 am
- This package may have minor changes due to ticket availability and schedules.
What your dream trip includes
The Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu Mountain tour Includes:
- Free transfers Airport – Hotel – Airport
- Licensed guide in English or Spanish
- All transfers from and to your hotel
- Train Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu and the Huayna Picchu Mountain
The Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu Mountain Tour Does Not Include:
- National or international flights
- Tips and extra expenses
The price may vary due to season, number of travelers or other conditions.
Discounts and Offers
- ISIC Card: Students with a valid ISIC card can apply to a discount of XX%.
- Junior: People under 18 years old can get this tour for $XXUSD.
You can enhance your experience with these aditional services:
- Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu Mountain: an extra hike to the sacred mountains next to the citadel.
- Vistadome Train: enjoy the landscape in a panoramic train during your trip to Machu Picchu.
- Porters: hire an extra porter to get him carry your belongings and enjoy the rek at your best! You will support a Peruvian family too!
What to bring for your Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu Tour
What you must bring to the tour:
- Original passport, International Student Card (ISIC) in case you are a student
- Sneakers, waterproof jacket, rain poncho (from December to March), t-shirts, pants
- Cap or hat, sunblock, bottled water and personal medicines
- Shorts, swimsuit, cameras, extra money
- We recommend you have travel insurance
Map of the tour
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for all of our services:
Trains: you can ask for a high class train, the Hiram Bingham luxury service.
Accomodation: If you feel like staying in a hotel during your stay in Cusco even for a couple of hours, we have plenty of options for you. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.
Testimonials for inspiration
What is the best season to visit Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu weather is two seasons. You can enjoy fresh and vivid days in rainy seasons from November to March, or shiny and blue-sky days during the dry season, from April to October.
When is Machu Picchu closed?
Good news! Machu Picchu is NEVER closed. You can visit this wonder every day of the year.
Should I book my permit in advance?
We strongly encourage you to book your Machu Picchu permit in advance as they can be sold out easily.