Overview of your Machu Picchu and HuaynaPicchu 2-Days Tour
Huayna Picchu is the mountain that you see in most pictures of Machu Picchu. It is located on the other side of the valley opposite Machu Picchu. Machu Picchu means “old peak” in Quechua and Huayna Picchu means “young peak”. The following 2 day tour by train includes a guided visit to Machu Picchu and you will be able to climb Huayna Picchu as well. You will have a great view of the ruins of Machu Picchu and the great scenery and canyon from the peak of Huayna Picchu.
Itinerary at a glance!
MachuPicchu HuaynaPicchu Tour by Train in 2 Days and 1 Night
Day 1 – Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes:
10:30 a.m. Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
10:30-12:30 We will take a bus to Ollantaytambo.
12:45-2:30 We will take a train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
2:30 Reception at the train station in Aguas Calientes.
3:00-6:00 Free time to have lunch, visit the town and the markets, or the hot springs.
Day 2 – HuaynaPicchu – Machu Picchu – Cusco:
6:00 a.m. Pick up from your hotel.
6:15-6:45 We will take a bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
7:00-10:00 We will hike up Huayna Picchu and back down.
10:00-12:30 Guided tour of one of the seven wonders of the world, Machu Picchu.
You will have free time to keep exploring and take pictures.
1:00-6:00 Free time to return to Aguas Calientes by bus, have lunch, and look around thw town.
6:30-8:20 Return to Ollantaytambo by train.
8:30-10:30 Return to Cusco by bus.
Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu 2-day Tour in detail
Day 1 Machu Picchu Tour: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
We will pick you up from your hotel at about 10:15 a.m. We will travel to the town of Aguas Calientes (near Machu Picchu) by bus and train. You will be able to enjoy many beautiful views along the way. When you arrive in Aguas Calientes, our staff will pick you up and take you to the hotel of your choice.
You will meet with our guide at the hotel and he will tell you about the next day’s tour. You will have free time in the afternoon to have lunch or visit the hot springs, museum, or market in Aguas Calientes (lunch is not included in the package).
Day 2 Machu Picchu Tour: HuaynaPicchu – Machu Picchu – Cusco
We will pick you up from your hotel at about 6 in the morning, and arrive at the entrance to Huayna Picchu at about 7 a.m. We will hike up the mountain, and once we reach the top, you will be able to enjoy great views of Machu Picchu. It takes about 60 minutes to reach the top of the mountain, and about 50 minutes to go back down. At 10 a.m. we will have a guided visit of Machu Picchu. After the tour (about 2 and a half hours) you will have more free time to keep exploring and to take pictures. You will then be able to take the bus back to Aguas Calientes where you will have more free time. After that we will head back to cuzco by bus and train. we will arrive in Cuzco at about 10:30 p.m.
If there are no tickets left for Huayna Picchu, you may opt to take the hike up Machu Picchu mountain. .-This is a very good alternative since the view of the ruins of Machu Picchu on this mountain is from the other side of the valley opposite Huayna Picchu.
What your dream trip includes
This Package Includes:
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide.
- All transfers from and to your hotel
- Train Journey: Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus Journey: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Bus ride: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu and WaynaPicchu
- 1-night hotel with breakfast in Aguas Calientes (hotel services can be up-graded upon request).
The Package Does Not Include:
- Meals (they can be included upon request)
- International or domestic flights
- Tips or extra expenses
All payment methods include extra charges not added in the quotation. Please check the payment details.
You can get this tour from $XXX USD, This price may vary due to season, number of travelers or other conditions.
Discounts and Offers
- ISIC Card: Students with a valid ISIC card can apply to a discount of XX%.
- Junior: People under 18 years old can get this tour for $XXUSD.
You can enhance your experience with these aditional services:
- Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu Mountain: an extra hike to the sacred mountains next to the citadel.
- Vistadome Train: enjoy the landscape in a panoramic train during your trip to Machu Picchu.
- Porters: hire an extra porter to get him carry your belongings and enjoy the rek at your best! You will support a Peruvian family too!
What to bring for your Machu Picchu 1-day Tour
Below you will find: a brief list of things you should take for the Tour of Machu Picchu and HuaynaPicchu Climb in 2 Days, a brief list of the inclusions of this package, as well a quick reference guide to the prices prices of this tour (you know more people less pricy). Do not hesitate to contact us in case you need more information or want to confirm this this package.
What you need to take for this tour:
- Original Passport, International Student Card (ISIC card) if applicable
- Sneakers, Waterproof jacket, Rain poncho, T-shirts, trousers
- Sun hat, Sunscreen, Bottled Water and Personal medication
- Shorts, Extra money, Bathing suit, Cameras
- Travel Insurance is recommended
Map of the tour
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for all of our services:
Trains: you can ask for a high class train, the Hiram Bingham luxury service.
Accomodation: If you feel like staying in a hotel during your stay in Cusco even for a couple of hours, we have plenty of options for you. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.