Overview of your Machu Picchu 1-day Tour
Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas, was unknown to most of the world until relatively recently. It is located near the town of Aguas Calientes, which itself has many places to see. This tour allows you to see Machu Picchu in just 1 day, for those who do not have enough time for a regular tour. You will still be able to see the most important parts of Machu Picchu though this is a shorter one full day tour. We will start the tour by picking you up from your hotel, and we will head to Machu Picchu right away.
Itinerary at a glance!
MachuPicchu 1 day Tour by Train – 1 Full Day
- 5:50-7:30 a.m. Transfer from hotel to Ollantaytambo by bus.
- 7:45-9:15 a.m. Travel by Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- 9:15-9:25 a.m. Reception in the Aguas Calientes train station.
- 9:30-10:00 a.m. Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Guided tour of one of the New 7 wonders of the world, Machu Picchu.
- 1:00-6:00 p.m. Free time to go back to Aguas Calientes, have lunch, see the town, or relax in the Hot Springs.
- 6:30-8:20 p.m. Return to Ollantaytambo by train.
- 8:30-10:30 p.m. Return to Cusco by bus.
Machu Picchu 1-day Tour in detail
We will pick you up from your hotel in the morning, and head to Aguas Calientes by bus and train. We will then go to Machu Picchu and give you a guided tour, so that you can see the most important places in the site. The tour will be for about 3 hours, and after it is finished, you will have free time to continue exploring on your own. In the afternoon you will have free time to eat lunch in Aguas Calientes or visit the town’s hot springs, market, or museum. (lunch is not included in the package). We will return to Cusco by bus and train and arrive at about 10:20 pm. [/wptab][wptab name=’Prices’][prices]Below you will find: a brief list of things you should take for the Machu Picchu in Just One Day, a brief list of the inclusions of this package, as well a quick reference guide to the prices prices of this tour (you know more people less pricy). Do not hesitate to contact us in case you need more information or want to confirm this this package.
What your dream trip includes
The 1-day Machu Picchu Package Includes:
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide
- All transfers from and to your hotel
- Train Journey: Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus Journey: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Bus ride: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu
The Machu Picchu Package Does Not Include:
- International or domestic flights
- Tips or extra expenses
IMPORTANT: For your comfort and safety, we recommend you to bring a small backpack with only the things you will need during the tour.
All payment methods include extra charges not added in the quotation. Please check the payment details.
You can get this tour from $XXX USD, This price may vary due to season, number of travelers or other conditions.
Discounts and Offers
- ISIC Card: Students with a valid ISIC card can apply to a discount of XX%.
- Junior: People under 18 years old can get this tour for $XXUSD.
You can enhance your experience with these aditional services:
- Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu Mountain: an extra hike to the sacred mountains next to the citadel.
- Vistadome Train: enjoy the landscape in a panoramic train during your trip to Machu Picchu.
- Porters: hire an extra porter to get him carry your belongings and enjoy the rek at your best! You will support a Peruvian family too!
What to bring for your Machu Picchu 1-day Tour
What you need to take for the 1-day Machu Picchu tour:
- Original Passport, International Student Card (ISIC card) if applicable
- Sneakers, Waterproof jacket, Rain poncho, T-shirts, trousers
- Sun hat, Sunscreen, Bottled Water and Personal medication
- Shorts, Extra money, Bathing suit, Cameras
- Travel Insurance is recommended
Map of the tour
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for all of our services:
Trains: you can ask for a high class train, the Hiram Bingham luxury service.
Accomodation: If you feel like staying in a hotel during your stay in Cusco even for a couple of hours, we have plenty of options for you. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.
Testimonials for inspiration
What is the best season to visit Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu weather is two seasons. You can enjoy fresh and vivid days in rainy seasons from November to March, or shiny and blue-sky days during the dry season, from April to October.
When is Machu Picchu closed?
Good news! Machu Picchu is NEVER closed. You can visit this wonder every day of the year.
Should I book my permit in advance?
We strongly encourage you to book your Machu Picchu permit in advance as they can be sold out easily.
Get to Machu Picchu!
What a beautiful day to plan a visit to the wonder of MachuPicchu!
Get into the Inca history and people
What about spending one day in the Sacred Valley of the Incas?
Get across the snow mountain
Complete the 5 day trek to Machu Picchu by the Apu Salkantay
Read 7736 times!