Overview of your 2-Day Short Inca Trail with Vistadome Tour
Itinerary at a glance!
Short 2-Day Inca Trail on Vistadome – Itinerary
- 04:45 – 06:40: Transfer Hotel – Ollantaytambo train station
- 08:08 – 09:30: Vistadome train ride Ollantaytambo – Km 104 (Inca Trail starting point)
- Tour at the Chachabamba archaeological complex (2.150 meters)
- Tour at the Winaywayna archaeological complex (2.650 meters)
- Hike to the Inti Punku (Sun Gate)
- 15:50 – 16:30: panoramic view of the Machu Picchu Inca citadel
- 16:30 – 17:00: bus back to the Aguas Calientes village
- Free time to visit the market, the museum, the hot springs, etc
- 19:00 – 20:00: dinner at a touristic restaurant in Aguas Calientes
- Night at a hotel in Aguas Calientes (we can upgrade your accommodations if you like)
- 05:30 – 06:30: Transfer Hotel – Bus station – Machu Picchu
- 07:00 – 09:30: Professionally guided tour in Machu Picchu – Wonder of the World
- Free time to continue exploring, taking pictures, have lunch, visit the market or the museum, etc
- 16:22 – 18:10: Vistadome train ride back to Ollantaytambo
- 18:20 – 20:10: Back to Cusco city on a touristic bus
- Night at a Cusco hotel (you can book it yourself or through us)
Important: the night before the Short 2-Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu tour, there will be a meeting at your hotel with our guide, on an agreed time. Schedules may vary. Train availability is controlled by PeruRail.
Short Inca Trail with Vistadome Train Tour in detail
- Starting altitude 2.100 m – Ending altitude 2.730 m.
- Overnight at hotel of your choice in Aguas Calientes (Altitude: 2.000 m, 6.500ft)
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco (Food: D) We will have breakfast early and continue our adventure. Board the first bus at 6:00 a.m., which will take us to Machu Picchu, to see its splendid sunrise. After a short rest and relaxation time, we start with the Great Guided Tour of the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, which takes approximately 2.5 hours. We will visit the most important places such as the Main Square, the Round Tower, the Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, the Royal Cemeteries and much more. After, you can continue exploring this wonder of the modern world at your leisure and take the best pictures. At the right time you should take the bus back to Aguas Calientes village for a quiet lunch in the restaurant of your choice (not included, but can be included in the package); then you can visit the thermal baths or visit the market or the museum. Finally at 15:20 we will take the Vistadome return train from Aguas Calientes to Poroy and next we connect with the bus trip to Cusco city for arrival at around 19:30, finishing our 2-day adventure tour.
- Initial Altitude 2.000 m – Final Altitude 2.400 m.
Important: the night before the Short 2-Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu tour, there will be a meeting at your hotel with our guide, on an agreed time. Schedules may vary.
What your dream trip includes
The Short Inca Trail with Vistadome Train Tour Includes:
- Free transfers in Cusco: Airport – Hotel – Airport
- Professional touristic guide in English or Spanish
- Vistadome train ride: Pachar – Km 104
- Vistadome train ride: Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus transfers: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu (Day 1) and Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes (Day 2)
- Van transfer: Cusco – Pachar and Poroy – Cusco
- Entrance tickets to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- One night at an Aguas Calientes hotel
- Meals (1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (box lunch), 1 Dinner)
- Oxygen bottle, first-aid kit
- Walking sticks
The Short Inca Trail with Vistadome Train Tour Does Not Include:
- National or international flights
- Tips or extra expenses
- ISIC Card: Students with a valid ISIC card can apply to a discount of XX%.
- Junior: People under 18 years old can get this tour for $XXUSD.
You can enhance your experience with these aditional services:
- Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu Mountain: an extra hike to the sacred mountains next to the citadel.
- Vistadome Train: enjoy the landscape in a panoramic train during your trip to Machu Picchu.
- Porters: hire an extra porter to get him carry your belongings and enjoy the rek at your best! You will support a Peruvian family too!
What to bring for your Short Inca Trail with Vistadome Tour
What you need to take for this tour:
- Original passport, International student Card (ISIC) if eligible for the 20 dollars discount
- Sneakers or hiking boots, waterproof jacket, t-shirts, pants, rain poncho (from November to March)
- Hat or cap, sunblock, insect repellent, cosmetics, hand sanitizer
- Mineral water and personal medicines
- Shorts, bandages, extra money, swimsuit
- Cameras, lantern
- We recommend you have travel insurance
- To qualify as student, you need a valid ISIC card
- Hotel service inclusions and train services upgrades must be booked in advance