Overview of your Vistadome Train to Machu Picchu Tour
The way between Cusco city and Machu Picchu offers really wonderful views and landscapes! The Vistadome train is quite a great option for this amazing ride! Panoramic ceiling and windows, caring, nice professional staff, comfortable seats and elegant facilities, and also a very cheerful, cosmopolite social gathering. Plus, for your 3 hours and 50 minutes ride, the Vistadome offers a fine alpaca fashion show and typical Andean dances! Your train journey to Machu Picchu will surely be a great one, back and forth!
Itinerary at a glance!
MachuPicchu by Train – 1 Full Day Tour – Itinerary
- Transfer from the hotel in Cusco city to the Poroy train station (05:45 am)
- Vistadome train ride from Poroy to the Aguas Calientes station (3 hours and 50 minutes)
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to the Machu Picchu citadel
- Professionally guided tour in Machu Picchu (2 hours and 30 minutes)
- After the tour, you will have free time to continue enjoying the citadel at your own leisure
- Return on bus to Aguas Calientes
- Free time for lunch or exploring the village
- Vistadome train ride from Aguas Calientes to Poroy
- Transfer from Poroy to Cusco city
Click to see travellers’ testimonials for inspiration on your next Peru adventure.
Vistadome Train to Machu Picchu Tour in detail
The Vistadome is a top, wonderful train, with panoramic windows and ceiling, complete elegance and comfort plus an on-board first-rate attention.
Part 1 – The Vistadome train ride
Our staff will pick you up at the hotel in Cusco City at 5:45 am for transfer to the Poroy train station, 10 kilometers from the city. In Poroy you will take the Vistadome train to Aguas Calientes, the closest village to the Machu Picchu citadel. Along the ride you will enjoy the mighty beauty of Andean mountains and trees, its unforgettable natural energy. Relax in your seat and enjoy the on-board show: a typical Andean dance with typical outfits and then a wonderful fashion show of alpaca-made fine clothes, great for an elegant winter style. The panoramic windows and ceiling give you a unique view of the amazing landscapes along the route: mighty green mountains, woods, the whispering Vilcanota river, mighty snow-cappeds and the lush of the Amazon jungle border. Enjoy the delicious food on board watching the nearby landscapes or sharing a laugh with family or friends. Do not forget to take many pictures of this elegant, top train moments!
Part 2 – Guided tour in Machu Picchu
Once in Aguas Calientes, everybody will be taken by our qualified guide to the bus for the Machu Picchu citadel. Then we will start the great professionally guided tour of Machu Picchu, visiting the most important places in the citadel including the Main Square, the Round Tower, the Solar Clock (Intihuatana), the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, and many more wonderful attractions. After the tour, you will have free time to continue exploring the site at your own leisure. Behold the priceless landscape of the sacred mountains that stand all around, feel the energy of the citadel and of surrounding nature, take pictures of free llamas eating leaves at the site. There is so much to do before going back! After this major experience, we will return to Aguas Calientes on bus and then board the awesome Vistadome train again, back to the Poroy train station. After arrival, the last transfer to your hotel in Cusco city.
What your dream trip includes
The 1-day tour of MachuPicchu by Vistadome Train Package Includes:
- Transfers Cusco city – Poroy train station – Cusco city
- Vistadome train ticket Poroy – Aguas Calientes – Poroy
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu citadel – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance ticket to the Machu Picchu citadel
- Bus Journey: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Professional guide in English or Spanish
The Machu Picchu by Vistadome Train Package Does Not Include:
- National or international flights
- Tips and extra expenses
You can get this tour from $XXX USD, This price may vary due to season, number of travelers or other conditions.
Discounts and Offers
- ISIC Card: Students with a valid ISIC card can apply to a discount of XX%.
- Junior: People under 18 years old can get this tour for $XXUSD.
You can enhance your experience with these aditional services:
- Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu Mountain: an extra hike to the sacred mountains next to the citadel.
- Vistadome Train: enjoy the landscape in a panoramic train during your trip to Machu Picchu.
- Porters: hire an extra porter to get him carry your belongings and enjoy the rek at your best! You will support a Peruvian family too!
What to bring for your Vistadome Train to Machu Picchu Tour
What you need to take for this tour:
- Original passport, International Student Card (ISIC) in case you are a student
- Sneakers, waterproof jacket, rain poncho (from December to March), t-shirts, pants
- Cap or hat, sunblock, bottled water and personal medicines
- Shorts, swimsuit, cameras, extra money
- We recommend you have travel insurance
Map of the tour
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for all of our services:
Trains: you can ask for a high class train, the Hiram Bingham luxury service.
Accomodation: If you feel like staying in a hotel during your stay in Cusco even for a couple of hours, we have plenty of options for you. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.
Testimonials for inspiration
What is the best season to visit Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu weather is two seasons. You can enjoy fresh and vivid days in rainy seasons from November to March, or shiny and blue-sky days during the dry season, from April to October.
When is Machu Picchu closed?
Good news! Machu Picchu is NEVER closed. You can visit this wonder every day of the year.
Should I book my permit in advance?
We strongly encourage you to book your Machu Picchu permit in advance as they can be sold out easily.