Overview of your Maras Moray Tour
Come and see Maras and Moray! Maras is home to salt mines that have been in use since Inca times, and Moray is home to circular terraces that are thought to have been used as an experimental center by the Incas. This half day tour can be combined with the Machu Picchu tours. It includes Maras and Moray, and you will be able to see snow-capped mountains, fields and traditional villages during the tour.
Itinerary at a glance!
8:30-9:00 a.m. Pick up from your hotel to board the bus.
11:30-12:00 Guided tour of the salt mines of Maras.
12:30-1:30 Guided tour of the agricultural interpretation center in Moray.
1:30-2:30 Return to Cusco by bus.
Maras Moray Tour in detail
Half a Day Tour of Maras and Moray
At 9 in the morning, we will pick you up from your hotel to head to Moray. The circular terraces there are thought to have been used as an agricultural experimentation center. The Incas used it to study the adaptation of plants to new ecosystems. The overlapping circular stone rings widen as they rise and it has a total depth of 150 m.
After a guided tour, we will go back to Cusco. The tour lasts about 5 hours and ends at Regocijo Square (a half away block from the main square) at around 2:30 pm. Transfer to your hotel.
What your dream trip includes
The Maras and Moray Tour Includes:
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide
- All Transfers from and to your hotel
- Entrance tickets to the Salt Mines of Maras (But your Own Tickets BTG will be needed)
The Maras and Moray Tour Does Not Include:
- Meals not mentioned in the package
- Tips or extra expenses
You can get this tour from $XXX USD, This price may vary due to season, number of travelers or other conditions.
Discounts and Offers
- ISIC Card: Students with a valid ISIC card can apply to a discount of XX%.
- Junior: People under 18 years old can get this tour for $XXUSD.
You can enhance your experience with these aditional services:
- Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu Mountain: an extra hike to the sacred mountains next to the citadel.
- Vistadome Train: enjoy the landscape in a panoramic train during your trip to Machu Picchu.
- Porters: hire an extra porter to get him carry your belongings and enjoy the rek at your best! You will support a Peruvian family too!
What to bring for your Maras Moray Tour
What you need to take for this tour:
- Sneakers, T-shirts, trousers, Shorts, Rain poncho for the rainy season
- Sun hat, Sunscreen, Bottled Water and Personal medication
- Extra money, Cameras
Map of the tour
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for all of our services:
Trains: you can ask for a high class train, the Hiram Bingham luxury service.
Accomodation: If you feel like staying in a hotel during your stay in Cusco even for a couple of hours, we have plenty of options for you. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.
Testimonials for inspiration
What is the best season to visit Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu weather is two seasons. You can enjoy fresh and vivid days in rainy seasons from November to March, or shiny and blue-sky days during the dry season, from April to October.
When is Machu Picchu closed?
Good news! Machu Picchu is NEVER closed. You can visit this wonder every day of the year.
Should I book my permit in advance?
We strongly encourage you to book your Machu Picchu permit in advance as they can be sold out easily.