Overview of your Humantay Lake Tour
The beautiful Humantay Lagoon stands in the middle of majestic sacred mountains and snowies, amazingly mirrored on its turquoise still waters; on your way to this fascinating place you will witness the astonishing beauty of the Cusco Andes and feel its powerful, reinvigorating energy. This tour is ideal for those who doesn’t have much time but nevertheless want to have the best traveling experience.
Itinerary at a glance!
- Pick up from the hotel
- Transfer from Cusco to Mollepata on touristic van
- Hike to the Soraypampa campsite
- Hike to the Humantay Lagoon. Free time to enjoy
- Hike back to the campsite
- Return to Cusco city
Humantay Lake Tour in detail
One Day Tour of Humantay Lake
Our adventure begins around 5:00 am with the pick up at your hotel. On a touristic van we will head to the Mollepata village in Apurimac river valley. Breakfast will be with the tour group and afterwards there’s a hike towards Soraypampa (3.900 m), a large green plain where we will have a stop.
From here, we hike towards our final destination. After an hour and a half of walking along the magnificent Cusco geography, we will arrive to the wonderful spot: the high snowy mountains standing around the incredible beauty of the Humantay Lagoon. Don’t waste this chance to appreciate the view and take all the pictures you can of this wonder of nature at 4.200 meters above sea level. After this incredible experience, we go back to the campsite for lunch. Around 6:30 pm we return to Cusco city, leaving the group downtown.
What your dream trip includes
The Humantay Lake Tour Includes:
- Professional guide in English and Spanish
- Round trip touristic van transportation Cusco – Mollepata – Soraypampa
- Complete camping equipment
- Meals: 1 breakfast, 1 lunch
- Entrance ticket to Salkantay
- First-aid kit
The Humantay Lake Tour Does Not Include:
- Extra horse
- Tips or extra expenses
The price may vary due to season, number of travelers or other conditions.
Discounts and Offers
- ISIC Card: Students with a valid ISIC card can apply to a discount of XX%.
- Junior: People under 18 years old can get this tour for $XXUSD.
You can enhance your experience with these aditional services:
- Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu Mountain: an extra hike to the sacred mountains next to the citadel.
- Vistadome Train: enjoy the landscape in a panoramic train during your trip to Machu Picchu.
- Porters: hire an extra porter to get him carry your belongings and enjoy the rek at your best! You will support a Peruvian family too!
What to bring for your Humantay Lake Tour
What you need to take for this tour:
- Small backpack
- Cap or hat
- Personal medicines
- Extra battery for your camera
Map of the tour
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for all of our services:
Trains: you can ask for a high class train, the Hiram Bingham luxury service.
Accomodation: If you feel like staying in a hotel during your stay in Cusco even for a couple of hours, we have plenty of options for you. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.
Testimonials for inspiration
What is the best season to visit Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu weather is two seasons. You can enjoy fresh and vivid days in rainy seasons from November to March, or shiny and blue-sky days during the dry season, from April to October.
When is Machu Picchu closed?
Good news! Machu Picchu is NEVER closed. You can visit this wonder every day of the year.
Should I book my permit in advance?
We strongly encourage you to book your Machu Picchu permit in advance as they can be sold out easily.