This 1 day tour begins in Cuzco and ends in Puno. This is called the Route of the Sun. We will travel by bus between the two cities, stopping to see several important sites located between them. Some of the places you will get to see along the way are the town of Andahuaylillas and its beautiful colonial church, the ruins of Raqchi, the museum of Pucara, as well as other important sites. This can be combined with other tours in Cuzco or Puno.
Enjoy the Route from Cusco to Puno by Bus in just 1 day
- 07:00 – 07:15 a.m. We will pick you up from your hotel and head to the bus station.
- 07:30 – 08:15 We will take a bus from Cusco to Andahuaylillas.
- 08:15 – 08:45 We will visit the church of San Pedro de Andahuaylillas.
- 08:50 – 10:40 Bus to Raqchi.
- 10:45 – 11:20 Guided tour of the Inca temple at Raqchi.
- 11:25 – 12:30 Bus to Sicuani.
- 12:30 – 14:00 Buffet lunch in a local restraunt.
- 14:05 – 14:40 Bus trip to La Raya.
- 14:40 – 14:50 We will stop in La Raya to take picture of snow covered mountains. This is the highest point between Cusco and Puno.
- 14:50 – 15:40 We will take a bus to Pucara.
- 15:40 – 16:20 Guided tour of the town and the museum in Pucara.
- 16:20 – 17:00 We will go by bus to Puno.
Day 1 Machu Picchu Tour: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
1 Full Day Tour of the Route of the Sun (Cusco – Puno)
At about 7:00 am we will pick you up from your hotel and board our bus. We will visit several attractions on the way to Puno including:
Church of Andahuaylillas
A colonial building Known as the ”Sistine Chapel of the Americas”, many original colonial era works of art of great value are kept inside the church.
Ruins of Raqchi
This was a temple built for the god Wiracocha, it is 92 meters long (300 ft) and 25.5 meters wide (84 ft). This structure consists of a central adobe wall that is 18 to 20 m high.
Lunch in Sicuani
This town is surrounded by some very pretty hills. You will have lunch in our exclusive local restaurant with a family atmosphere.
La Raya Pass
4310m – 14172 ft. This is a good place to take pictures of grazing llamas and alpacas.
Pukara Church and Museum
This is a town about 100 kilometers from Puno. The famous ”toritos de pukara” are made here, and hung on the doors of houses for good luck. The Pukara Culture was a very important culture in pre-Inca times. They had knowledge of engineering, and architecture. We will visit the local museum, and continue to Puno. We will arrive in Puno at about 5 p.m. We will take you to your hotel in Puno.
What does this tour include?
What you need to take for this tour:
- Sneakers, T-shirts, trousers, Shorts, Rain poncho for the rainy season
- Sun hat, Sunscreen, Bottled Water and Personal medication
- Extra money, Cameras
The Cusco to Puno Package Includes:
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide
- All Transfers from and to your hotel
- Tourist transportation with basic toilet facilities on board
- Entrance tickets to all places of visit
- Lunch at a tourist restaurant in Juliaca
The Cusco to Puno Package Does Not Include:
- Meals not mentioned in the package
- Tips or extra expenses
All payment methods include extra charges not added in the quotation. Please check the payment details.
Read 2395 times!